Aziz Abaza is heading the Merger and Acquisitions (M&A) and Finance department at Alliance Law Firm from 2021. He has over 15 years of experience in handling complex merger and acquisitions transactions, financing agreements, commercial agreements, negotiations, and counterparty meetings, as well as providing advice on civil, capital market, commercial and corporate laws.
He represented various international and local companies in various sectors like banking, private equity firms, multinational and local companies, private and public institutions among others.
Aziz previously worked as an Off Counsel to the Dubai Office of Amereller Legal Consultants, where he handled several cross-border transactions. Prior to that, he served as the General Counsel of Egypt Kuwait Holding, a renowned private equity holding company owning and operating several major businesses in many sectors in the Egyptian market.
He has previously served as Merger and Acquisitions Partner in Zulficar Law Firm, and as well as a legal counsel of Qalaa Holding S.A.E.
- 2014- Master’s degree – International and Comparative Law, The American University in Cairo
- 2008- Private Law Diploma, Cairo University
- 2005- Bachelor of Law – L.L.B., Cairo University – Faculty of Law
- 2008- Member of Egyptian bar since, admitted before appeal courts.
- 2011- Member of the American Chamber.